Try something this week. Get a group of your friends together (even if it’s just over the phone or online) and ask everyone to share their biggest relationship regrets. Maybe like a Top 5 list. We’d be shocked if it doesn’t come up that many of them regret moving too fast in a relationship. So fast that the guy was like “I’m out.”
It’s an honest (and common) mistake. It’s hard enough to meet someone that you really like and “click” with. And, if it’s been a while since that’s happened, sometimes you can’t help but to want to…speed things along to see if there really is a future or if your head is simply up in the clouds. Thing is, you don’t want to keep doing this only to continue having regrets.
The best way to avoid “jumping the gun” is to pay close attention to signs that you very well could be moving way of ahead of the man you’re digging. Here are some pretty clear indications of that.
1. You’re Using Titles. He Isn’t.
2. You’re Introducing Him To Your Peeps. He’s Not.
3. You’re Talking About Holidays. He Hasn’t Mentioned Next Weekend.
4. You’re Telling People You’re Off The Market. He’s Dating Around.
5. You’re Talking About How You Feel. He’s Saying Nothing.